It's all about GIT
Last Dreamforce we saw the unveiling of Salesforce DX. Salesforce DX is a radical departure from traditional Salesforce development in that is source-driven. The power behind that source-driven development is GIT, a modern distributed Version Control System (VCS) and the backbone of social coding. You may have heard of github.com, bitbucket.org, or other hosting services in the cloud on in the enterprise. They're all powered by GIT.
Going to Trailhead DX? You're going to want to understand GIT fundamentals so that you're not trying to play catch up during the conference.
Can't make it to Trailhead DX? You need to get familiar with GIT as the basis for the next generation of app building with Salesforce DX.
• Intro to GIT - The Basic Concepts
• The Magnificent Seven - 7 GIT commands are all you need
• Master the Master - Working on the 'master' branch
• Branching Strategies - Git Flow and GitHub Flow
• Pulling it all together in Salesforce DX
Bring your laptops if you want hands-on experience with GIT