Natasha will lead us off with a discussion of the key considerations form starting an employee resource group (ERG) or Equality Group to how to maintain and grow a successful group and spearheading collaborations with other groups.
Specific topics to be covered:
* How to crate and maintain a group
* Leadership position considerations
* Elections process
• How to get executive buy in
* Managing upward
* Partnership between the group and the employer
Mary will share her experience in the growth of Equality Groups at Salesforce, and will discuss how the groups began and eventually grew to include 10 groups!
Mary will touch upon:
• First Equality Group - Women in Tech
• The beginnings of Outforce, V2MOM for Boldforce
• Expanding focus from a group's own problems to supporting others
• How to determine how the group can be an asset/partner to the business
We will then transition into a discussion about how what has been shared relates to out current climate concerning diversity and inclusion.
Please join us and bring your questions and comments, we all love a good discussion!!
Date:Thursday, July 16th
Time: 7:00PM - 8:30PM
VP Trailblazer Equality
Global ERG Program Specialist
Mary’s career-long passion has been making enterprise app building accessible to everyone. From designing app building tools for non-programmers to enabling Admins & Developer to build on the Salesforce Platform to increasing representation and inclusion in the Trailblazer Community, she’s been at it for more than 20 years. These days, she champions Equality for the Trailblazer Community and can be found having honest uncomfortable conversations about race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disabilities. Her patronus is an otter and her (other) dream job is to pet giraffes.