As part of Salesforce Mobile Developer Week - a Worldwide Developer Gathering(April 21-27, 2013) - New Delhi Salesforce Platform Developer User Group is jointly hosting the session with the Gurgaon DUG on Friday, 26th April 2013.
40 Salesforce DUGs from around the world will be meeting during this week, and all will be discussing mobile development and the new Salesforce Platform Mobile Services.
Sandeep Bhanot - Principal Developer Evangelist at Salesforce.com,He will be flying in from San Francisco
- General overview of the 3 mobile dev. options – native, html5 and hybrid
- Brief intro to the Salesforce Mobile SDK
- Brief intro of the new Mobile Packs for jQuery Mobile, AngularJS and Backbone (http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2013/04/html5-angularjs-backbone-mobile-service-packs.html)
- Walk-through of developing a Visualforce web app using one of the mobile packs (probably jQM)
- Converting a web app into hybrid app using the SDK
- Cloud Trivia at the end, get ready to win forcedotcom t-shirts and books
1. Bring your laptop
2. Data Card for internet access (Optional, if Hotel wi-fi doen't hold up)
3. Salesforce Developer edition account (Signup here)
4. Optionally, any one of the two Salesforce Mobile SDKs installed – iOS or Android. The installation and pre-reqs for these SDKs are listed on GitHub - https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOSand https://github.com/forcedotcom/SalesforceMobileSDK-Android.Note that this prerequisites is entirely optional.
Salesforce Platform Mobile Services
Check this blog post about Salesforce Platform Mobile serviceshttp://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2013/04/html5-angularjs-backbone-mobile-service-packs.html
Here is the links about Salesforce Platform Mobile Services
Here is the link about mobile developer week event
This is the first time that the Salesforce DUGs are meeting for an event such as this one, and you do not want to miss out!.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Salesforce.com Platform Developer Relations Team:
Developer Force is salesforce.com's free developer program for the Salesforce platform. The Developer Force website is a free community-based online portal (www.developerforce.com) for developers, where developers can learn, access key resources, and discuss a diverse set of topics anchored around the Force.com platform. These topics include Apex Code, Visualforce, Web service APIs, database topics, packaging and distribution of your applications, and much more. Also, visit http://database.com & http://Heroku.com.