Salesforce have announced a FREE all day hands-on workshop to teach you the Basics on the Salesforce1 Platform on May 14th. The event will be held in the Stillorgan Park Hotel and is being run with the help of the Dublin Developer User Group.
Register early as seats are very limited. Register here: http://events.developerforce.com/en/events/workshops/dublin-elevate
The day will be focussed on Salesforce1 platform Basics: Building an app in a day with clicks!
Get hands-on experience building a complete app in a day without the need to learn a programming language. You will learn how to:
1. Create a model of the information in your business with Custom Object, Field types & relationships
2. Automate business process to manage information effectively using Workflow, Validations rules, Roll-up Summaries and Approvals
3. Customise the user interface (UI) of your app to make it a delight to use by creating custom page layouts.
4. Create different levels of access to secure your business information and learn how to use Roles, Profiles, Org-wide defaults and field level access to good effect.
5. Assemble report and dashboards to view and share information in an easily understandable way for a variety of different audiences in your business
All this is done via the Salesforce1 Platform setup console, so no coding or debugging is required. The app you create is immediately live in your Salesforce website (free developer environment provided) as well as in the Salesforce1 mobile app on your phone & tablet.
By the end you will be ready to go and create your own apps for your business or sell them through the Salesforce Marketplace, AppExchange.
This is a workshop with hands-on exercises. Please bring a laptop that can access the internet. Register early, as seats are very limited !
The Developer User Group also has a meetup planned on April 23rd at Appirio's offices on Exchequer Street. See you there!!
Blue Wave Group