Join us for a Hands-on training led by Ezra Kenigsberg. Yes, this is a requested followup from our August meetup! Ezra will help lead us thru Getting Started with Synchronizer, his homebrew ETL tool. Or if you have already installed Synchronizer and ran into questions, here is chance for you to ask.
What does Synchronizer do? It helps you automate data tasks in Salesforce.
It can do anything Data Loader can do, plus some other features:
* run multiple data tasks with a single click
* run on a regular basis
* create Data Loader command-line scripts
* auto-import success and error tables into Access
* show all the fields on each object
* run on a scheduled basis
For this meetup, bring:
* Your laptop (Windows PC) with the following installed:
* Microsoft Access (2007 and above, 32-bit flavors of Office only)
* Data Loader 24 (or above)
* Office Toolkit 4.
(https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/excel-connector/SForce_Office_Toolkit_MSI.zip) Make sure to run the MSI contained in the zipfile. If you have Connect for Outlook 3.3.104 or above installed, you've automatically got Office Toolkit 4 installed.
* A Salesforce license with API access,
* Your Hotspot if you have one
This Hands-on Training is intended for Salesforce administrators, developers, and consultants who (1) are already familiar with Salesforce and (2) work with data.
5:30 - 5:45 Food, Drinks, Setup
5:45 – 7:30 Getting Started with Synchronizer
7:30 - 8:00 Q&A and Networking
Parking: There is parking in both the front and back parking lots.