The Nottingham Women in Tech group is powered by those who want to share their industry experiences, learn how to get a career in tech, close the tech gender gap, and above all, support each other. Here are a few of our aims:
- To raise awareness of the gender gap in the tech industry
- To provide career tips and advice
- To share a better understanding of the wider roles available in tech
- To discuss the progress for diversity in tech so far
- To teach businesses how to develop a successful diversity in tech initiative
- To share the experiences of those who are experts in their fields; from engineers, to founders, to investors, to developers, to marketers, to designers and more.
We'll have 4 awesome speakers come to give some practical advice, share their stories, and spark ideas.
This is an all-inclusive event that aims to encourage, empower, and support those who want to thrive in their career. Anyone who wishes to learn more about how they can help close the gender gap in the technology industry is welcome!
This time we'll also be giving away a copy of Brené Brown's 'Dare to Lead: Brave Work, Tough Conversations, Whole Hearts' and Viv Groskop's 'How to Own the Room'.
Sign up and tweet about it with the hashtag #SFWiTNotts for a chance to win!